Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I Learned (Rant)

While I was walking around the Righetti vs. Saint Joe's game (WHAT THE FUDGE HOW DID WE GET MAULED LIKE THAT??), I came to thinking about Israeli/Iranian/Saudi/Pakistani/Jordanian/Yemeni/ ETC. apartheid. Some of you may be familiar with South African apartheid, but most of you are not aware that the practice of racial/religious preferential treatment is alive and well in the Middle East. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (most of you don't even know that Saudi Arabia is a kingdom) employs a national religion, and discriminates against other faiths besides Islam. Israel employs a national religion, and discriminates against other faiths besides Judaism. As a Jew myself, this is a stain in my pride. Iran (Islamic Republic of Iran) has a few genocidal opinions against Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians (the ORIGINAL monotheistic religion[ around 500 BC, the King of Israel rewrote the Torah to include only Yahweh, the God of his people, putting in Yahweh's name in place of other gods, thus creating the modern monotheistic religion of Judaism, thus dispelling the popular notion that Judaism is the oldest Monotheistic religion]), declaring that it should wipe Israel "off the face of the earth". The point of the matter is Religious/ Racial Apartheid is alive and well in the Middle East.

The reason why the mainstream media does not cover any of this, is the fear of being not politically correct. If the mainstream media were to cover Israel's preferential treatment of Jews, or Iran's preferential treatments of Muslims, then there would be calls for an apology, riots in support of and against the station, and all out defamation of religions, a big no-no on television.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a student from Preston's AP Eng4 class and I just wanted to say I really like your blog. Today at lunch I was talking to Preston about how the blog was so hard for me because my essays are personal and I could never post something so honest to an academic page. He showed me your page and told me how you posted even when it wasn't required of you. I'm not Jewish and I had no idea any of this was going on. I just wanted to thank you for being brave enough to post something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scot I really enjoyed your interpretation through a football game. It's amazing what you can perceive within such an habitual aspect of life. Your mind set is very exceptional, and I would love to further venture into your thoughts. Keep posting and great Job!

    ReplyDelete